Sunday, August 17, 2008

Small website changes

I made a few changes to the UI, today. They were mainly aimed at cleaning up the About page, but through the magic of CSS, the app page changed, too. I narrowed the whole layout and put the page content in a white box. Hopefully it makes the About page barable on a widescreen monitor.

More interestingly, I designed the song scroller. Flex doesn't have a scroller+progressbar built-in, so I worked on one that matches the feel of Flex's default toolkit.I think I'm so pleased with how it turned out that I'm going to have to redesign the volume control, too. It's amazing how many places I drew inspiration (stole) from for the UI. The larger play button was from Windows Media Player, and the scoll bar is a combination of the Flex toolkit style (border, suble gradient, button), Gawker's videoModule and Vimeo's loading style, and YouTube's bubble button.

No comments: